- General Admission All Ages
Experience Dracula at Bannerman Island
In 2017 and 2018 we presented Dracula by playwright Craigh Johnson to sellout audiences!
In 2022 the Hamilton Dean version sold out and had to be extended!
The Bannerman Castle Trust, Inc. and Theatre on the Road are excited to present the original Broadway version.
“An evening of high-class fun.” -Newsweek
“Pure escape and great fun.” – New York Post
From the Bram Stoker novel, this is the original Broadway production that premiered in 1927 and was revised in 1997 starring Frank Langella.
Lucy, whose father is in charge of an English asylum, has been attacked by a mysterious illness. Dr. Van Helsing believes Lucy is the victim of a vampire — a certain Count Dracula. Renfield, an inmate, suffers from delusions and is under the spell of the Count. Will he be found and finally laid to rest?
- Dramatized by Hamilton Dean and John L. Balderston
- Presented by Arrangement with Samuel French
- Directed by Frank Marquette for theatreontheroad.com
- Please arrive a half hour early to your departure time.
- If your departure time is 6pm please arrive at 5:30pm, the boat leaves on time.
- If your departure time is 7pm please arrive at 6:30pm, the boat leaves on time.
- The show starts when it gets dark, there is only one show per night.
- Please note there are 72 steps to get from the dock to the historic trail and event space on Bannerman Islands, we are not handicap accessible.
- Please check the weather and wear the appropriate clothing.
- We have a concession stand and gift shop where guests can purchase sandwiches and Bannerman related gifts, snacks, and drinks during the performance.
- No outside food or drinks are allowed on the island for Theatrical performances and movies.
- Alcohol and smoking (of any kind) are not permitted on Bannerman Island.
- Only service dogs that are defined by the ADA are allowed.
Please note: In order to put on a show at Bannerman Island, we need to have 2 boat loads of 44 people. If you are on the first boat for the show at 6 pm, when you get to Bannerman Island, you will receive a guided tour of the island before the show. When the show is over, you will return to Beacon after the show is finished.
If you are on the second boat departing to Bannerman Island at 7 pm, you will be escorted to your seats for the show. After the show is over, you will be given a lecture of Bannerman Island, while you wait for the boat to return to pick you up. It takes about 50 minutes. We thank you for your cooperation.
COVID-19: Vaccination Cards and masks are currently not required at this time but could change depending on the severity at the time. Bannerman Island follows New York State COVID-19 regulations.