BANNERMAN CASTLE TRUST, OPEN POSITIONS
Bannerman Castle Trust, Inc. Treasurer Needed
After 30 years of service, our Treasurer Susan Andersen has retired. The BCT is looking for a new community leader to fill her shoes as our new treasurer for the Board of Directors of The Bannerman Castle Trust, Inc.
The Treasurer shall cause regular books of account to be kept, and shall render to the Board of Directors quarterly, at the Board of Directors meeting, an account of the financial condition of the Corporation, shall deliver an annual report at the annual meeting, and shall perform all other duties properly required of the Treasurer by the Board of Directors. The treasurer works with our book keeper. The Treasurer shall have voice and vote at all Board of Directors meetings. The Treasurer is appointed by the Board of Directors and is to hold office for a three-year term, or until a successor is elected and qualified, and is eligible for re-election for one additional consecutive three-year term.
- Works with our book keeper
- Must attend ALL quarterly board meetings
- Reports to the Executive Director monthly regarding bank balance.
- Creates a Google spreadsheet for the checkbook ledger or uses QuickBooks at the treasurer’s discretion.
- Reconciles bank account(s) to produce financial statements and maintain up-to-date ledgers
- Manages the Board’s review of, and action related to, the Board’s financial responsibilities.
- Works with the Executive Director to ensure that appropriate financial reports are made available to the Board on a timely basis.
- Assists the Executive Director in preparing the annual budget, and presenting the budget to the Board for approval.
- Works with the Executive Director to develop Fiscal Policies for recommendation to the Board to ensure the financial integrity and sustainability of the organization.
- Works with the Executive Director to develop long-term financial strategies.
- Keeps currently informed of legal, regulatory and sector developments relating to the Board’s financial responsibilities.
- Personal commitment to devote the time necessary to perform the responsibilities of Treasurer.
- Applicants must pass a background check.
- Applicants must supply three references.
- Applicants must have a High School diploma. College Degree. CPA
- The applicant must have experience developing and using Excel spreadsheets.
- The applicant must have a good working knowledge of Google Drive and Google Spreadsheets
Understanding of financial accounting for nonprofit organizations
The company’s mission
The Bannerman Castle Trust, Inc. is a not-for-profit “Friends” organization of volunteers working with the New York State Office of Parks, Recreation, and Historic Preservation. The Trust aims to raise awareness and educate the public and government organizations about the value and history of Bannerman Castle and Pollepel Island. The Trust raises funds for arts and cultural projects, operation of island tours, and stabilization and rehabilitation of the historic structures of Bannerman Castle. The Trust works to keep the site safe for our volunteers and for the public to enjoy Bannerman Castle as an educational, cultural, historical, and recreational facility promoting heritage tourism in the Hudson Valley region.
Provide compensation information
The time commitment for this position is estimated at 6 hours per month. This is a volunteer position.
Join our team of Tour Guides who present the history of Bannerman Castle on Pollepel Island, known as Bannerman Island. Tour guides give guided tours of Bannerman Island May through October on Bannerman Island. Must be good at public speaking, personable and must memorize a 60 minute tour. This is a great job for students, teachers and retirees. Bannerman Island is open for tours May 1 through October 31. This is a flexible part-time position. There are four tours on Saturdays and Sundays and 1 tour on Thursday and Friday evenings. This is a pai dPosition.
Send Your Resume to Neil Caplan at www.bannermancastle.org or call 845-831-6346.