Paddle in your own kayak or canoe to Bannerman Castle and explore this incredible island in the setting of the Hudson Highlands with a self-guided tour! All ages welcome.
BANNERMAN ISLAND CRUISE & WALKING TOUR (FROM BEACON)
- Adult Ages 12+
- Child Ages 0 - 11
A tiny jewel in the setting of the Hudson Highlands
One of the best things to do along the Hudson River is visit Pollepel Island, a tiny jewel in the setting of the Hudson Highlands. The rich history of Bannerman Castle and the beautiful scenery of this place will provide a wonderfully enriching day for the whole family. The whole experience is 2.5 hours and we’ll be leaving from Beacon, NY.
The Bannerman Castle Trust Inc., in cooperation with the New York State Office of Parks, Recreation, and Historic Preservation, provides a public tour of Bannerman Castle and Pollepel Island. All proceeds will benefit the Pollepel Island and Bannerman Castle preservation efforts, to ensure many can experience this beautiful place for generations to come.
- 30-minute boat ride over to Bannerman Island aboard the Estuary Steward
- Guided 1.5 hour walking tour of the island in which you will visit the famous Bannerman Castle ruins and gardens
- Visit to the Bannerman Garden and Bannerman Residence, where you’ll learn about all things Bannerman!
- Return trip back on the Estuary Steward to Beacon where it all began
- COVID-19: Vaccination Cards and masks are currently not required at this time but could change depending on the severity at the time. Bannerman Island follows New York State COVID-19 regulations.
What to bring
The tour departs from Beacon, NY and advance booking is required for all tours! Please wear comfortable shoes as there is some rough terrain on the walking tour portion of the experience. Strollers cannot be accommodated. There is a 72-step climb from the dock to the start of the tour (there is a rest stop along the way). Bannerman Island is not handicap accessible and can not accommodate wheelchairs. Food and drinks are not included, but you can purchase snacks
and souvenirs on Bannerman Island.
Only service dogs as described by the ADA are allowed on Bannerman island.
RAIN OR SHINE
Tours go rain or shine. There is a no refund or rescheduling policy.