“She spoke only one word….” Titanic”. This play by Jefferey Hatcher, an award-winning play, steams onto Bannerman Island for four exclusive performances.
BANNERMAN CASTLE FARM TO TABLE DINNER
- Adult Ages 12+
Join us for a farm fresh dinner and live music
The Bannerman Castle Trust (BCT) and the Chef’s Consortium proudly present its highly anticipated Chef’s Farm Fresh Dinner and fundraiser on Saturday, September 3, 2022 on Bannerman Island. Chefs Noah Sheetz, Rebbecca Joyner and five chefs from around New York return to create a delectable five-course meal.
For those of you who have not yet visited Bannerman Island, this is a fantastic opportunity and time to enjoy the island during the peak summer garden bloom and witness the amazing progress the BCT has made on the island’s structures over the past year!
The event includes the boat ride on the Estuary Steward Tour Boat, the dinner, guided tour, music performances, and art sale.
Music will be provided by Thistle. The Estuary Steward departs from the Beacon Institute Ferry dock located across from the Beacon Train Station at 2 Red Flynn Drive.
Tickets are sold on a first-come, first-serve bases and reservations are required in advance as tickets traditionally sell out for The Chef’s Dinner. For tickets, book online or call Executive Director Neil Caplan directly at 845-831-6346.
ONLY VACCINATED PEOPLE OR PEOPLE WHO HAVE A NEGATIVE COVID-19 TEST WITHIN 3 DAYS CAN GO TO THIS EVENT.
Please sign up for a NYS Excelsior Pass online at https://epass.ny.gov/home. You can install the pass on your cell phone, and you will have to show the pass before you board the Estuary Steward. If you do not have a cell phone, you can sign up on your computer and print out your pass. The NYS Excelsior Pass is a safe way to show that you have been vaccinated or that you had a negative COVID-19 test.
If you forget to bring your Excelsior Pass, you will not be able to go on the boat to the event and you will not be able to reschedule or receive a refund for the event since we cannot sell your ticket.
You must agree to the above by checking the box provided.
The Bannerman Castle Trust appreciates your loyal support at this time and invites you to join us for a truly delicious day on Bannerman Island. Thank You!
This year the Chefs Dinner features live music by Thistle. Thistle is a harpist that plays original compositions with lyrics inspired by literature, poetry, fairytales and lullabies. The trio is led by American composer, singer and harpist Thistle Jemison, who has performed and studied in the western classical, South Indian classical, jazz, rock, and folk genres. The music of Thistle has been described as mystical, haunting, and angelic, and is meant to be heard anywhere there is natural or man-made beauty.
- The Bannerman Castle Trust Inc., in cooperation with the New York State Office of Parks, Recreation, and Historic Preservation, provides a public tour of Bannerman Castle and Pollepel Island.
- All proceeds will benefit the Bannerman Island and Bannerman Castle preservation efforts, to ensure many can experience this beautiful place for generations to come.
- RAIN DATE: September 6th
- The tour departs from The Beacon Institute Dock in Beacon, NY, and advance booking is required for all tours! Please wear comfortable shoes as there is some rough terrain on the walking tour portion of the experience. Strollers cannot be accommodated.
- There is a 72-step climb from the dock to the start of the tour (there is a rest stop along the way).
- We cannot accommodate dogs on the island. Only certified service dogs.
- Please be sure to arrive 30 minutes prior to departure time.
- A 30-minute boat ride over to Bannerman Island aboard the Estuary Steward during which you will learn all about the island and its history.
- A self-guided tour of the island in which you will visit the famous Bannerman Castle ruins.
- A live music performance by Tony Depaolo and Choi Fairbanks.
What to bring:
- Bring comfortable walking shoes
- The dress is dressy casual
- Bug spray
- Due to safety issues, you do not go inside the structures.
- There are limited seats for the dinner, so please book in advance.
Beacon Institute Floating Dock (Beacon, NY)
Directions: Take Exit 41 (Beacon) South. Turn right at Beekman Street. Follow and pass main entrance to Metro North Train Station. Make the next right onto Red Flynn Drive (Please note: the Road is not marked!) Red Flynn Drive is the bridge over the train tracks. Once you go over bridge you pass Long Dock Park Entrance. (Do not go into Long Dock Park.) Red Flynn Drive bares to the right. Look to the left as you go down the hill. The Beacon Institute Dock is the first floating dock on the left.
(Exact meeting location details will be provided immediately upon purchase of tickets.)