One of the best things to do along the Hudson River is visit Pollepel Island and Bannerman Castle, a tiny jewel in the setting of the Hudson Highlands.
- Adult Ages 12+
Enjoy movie night at Bannerman Castle
What better way to spend the evening that with a cruise to and from Bannerman Island and a movie at the Castle? There is a Bannerman Island tour for the patrons on the first boat departure time, and a Bannerman lecture on the second boat departure time. There is a concession stand on the island that is stocked with water, drinks, snacks, candy, and popcorn for the perfect island movie night.
BILL AND TED FACE THE MUSIC – Friday, August 20
This is a 2020 American science fiction comedy film directed by Dean Parisot and written by Chris Matheson and Ed Solomon. It is the third film in the Bill & Ted film series, and the sequel to Bill & Ted’s Bogus Journey (1991). Alex Winter, Keanu Reeves, and William Sadler reprise their roles as Bill, Ted, and the Grim Reaper, respectively, while Kristen Schaal, Samara Weaving, Brigette Lundy-Paine, Anthony Carrigan, Erinn Hayes, Jayma Mays, Holland Taylor, Kid Cudi, and Jillian Bell join the cast. In the film, Bill and Ted must write a song to unite humanity before space-time is destroyed.
ALFRED HITCHCOCK’s VERTIGO – Friday, August 27
Alfred Hitchcock’s intensely personal, self-revealing picture, Vertigo, is the story of a man who is possessed by the image of a lost love and becomes increasingly compulsive in his desire to re-create that image.
Directed by Alfred Hitchcock. With James Stewart, Kim Novak, Barbara Bel Geddes, Tom Helmore
BANNERMAN – Friday, September 3
Over the past 12 years, film producer and director Bayley Silleck visited Bannerman Island to gather material for his new film, BANNERMAN, which chronicles the Bannerman business and the history of BANNERMAN ISLAND.
KING KONG – 1933 – Friday, September 10
Released in 1933, just five years into the sound era, King Kong was the first of the animal monster movies, and is considered today to be one of the 50 most influential films of all time. It was a big-budget film, with cutting-edge innovation in script, photography, special effects, musical score, sound effects and sound recording.
King Kong is an American pre-Code monster adventure romance film directed and produced by Merian C. Cooper and Ernest B. Schoedsack. The screenplay by James Ashmore Creelman and Ruth Rose was developed from an idea conceived by Cooper and Edgar Wallace.
Music by: Max Steiner
- No outside food can be brought onto the island for this showing.
- Bannerman Island books and tee shirts are also available.
- Movie seats are supplied on the island.
- There are 72 steps from the dock to the main trail.
- There are also self-composting restrooms at the top of the stairs.
- ONLY VACCINATED OR PEOPLE WHO HAVE A NEGATIVE COVID-19 TEST WITHIN 3 DAYS CAN GO TO THIS EVENT. Subject to change due to CDC guidelines.
- Please sign up for a NYS Excelsior Pass online at https://epass.ny.gov/home. You can install the pass on your cell phone, and you will have to show the pass before you board the Estuary Steward. If you do not have a cell phone, you can sign up on your computer and print out your pass. The NYS Excelsior Pass is a safe way to show that you have been vaccinated or that you had a negative COVID-19 test.
- If you forget to bring your Excelsior Pass, you will not be able to go on the boat to the event and you will not be able to reschedule or receive a refund for the event since we cannot sell your ticket.
What to bring:
Wear comfortable walking shoes. Dress for the appropriate weather conditions. Your confirmation email is also your ticket for the movie.